- USCG Master License for Motor, Steam, or Auxiliary Sail, vessels of not more than 100 Gross Tons upon near coastal waters.
- USCG Licensed Second Officer, Any Oceans, Officer in Charge of a Navigational Watch Any Gross Tons.
- U.S. Merchant Mariner’s Document AB Unlimited, Wiper, SD(FH), Lifeboatman, PIC Tankerman (DL).
||Military Sealift Command, Civilian Mariner
Since Jan. 2006
Military Sealift Fleet Support Command
SP 64 471 East C Street
Norfolk, VA 23511 - 2419
USNS JOSHUA HUMPHREYS T-AO 188
Attn: Matt Twomey, Deck Dept.
FPO AE 09573-4046
Past Work Experience:
1998 – 2006 IT, LAN Administrator and Database Mgr., Winchester Cooperative Bank, Winchester, MA
- Managed a 50 workstation LAN with a Novell NetWare 6.0 operating system, to comply with safety and soundness EDP audits, while remaining current with appropriate service packs and patches.
- Continuously updated numerous security, contingency planning, and disaster recovery plans for the corporation. These plans rely on the installation and evolving configuration of the latest Virus protection, Volume backup, Network intrusion prevention software products, and a clear understanding of internet firewall and email spam assassin settings.
- Wrote procedural documentation and provided training for new product modules, including bank website, online banking, debit cards and telephone banking.
- Provided business systems analysis support for various departments, including training and document preparation.
1993 – 1998 Financial Service Sales work. Series 7, 63, Life, Health and Annuity sales.
1983 – 1993 Corporate Credit and Financial analysis work. Ford Motor Credit Corp., Boise Cascade Corp., Ryder Truck Rental Inc., Freudenberg – NOK G.P.
1983 BA Economics, Bates College, Lewiston, ME
1979 Graduate, Tabor Academy, Marion MA
Elected to Winchester Public Library Board of Trustees, Winchester MA March 2005
Winchester Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors 2000 – 2005
Winchester Knights of Columbus Council # 210 Charity Treasurer 2002 - 2006
American Sail Training Association
Cottage Park Yacht Club, Winthrop MA
Sparkman & Stephens Association of Transatlantic Racers