- Information technology professional with extensive experience using operations research tools and financial experience for business systems analysis and support.
- Certified Novell administrator with extensive knowledge of Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP operating systems.
- Practical experience includes numerous hardware, software, LAN, and communications protocol upgrades.
- Comprehensive oversight of contingency planning, disaster recovery, and corporate IS fulfillment.
- Strategic planning and business analysis skills derived from past work experience in Fortune 100 Corporate Credit Management positions.
1998 – Present IT, LAN Administrator and Database Mgr., Winchester Cooperative Bank, Winchester, MA
- Manage a 50 workstation LAN with a Novell NetWare 6.0 operating system, to comply with safety and soundness EDP audits, while remaining current with appropriate service packs and patches.
- Continuously update numerous security, contingency planning, and disaster recovery plans for the corporation. These plans rely on the installation and evolving configuration of the latest Virus protection, Volume backup, Network intrusion prevention software products, and a clear understanding of internet firewall and email spam assassin settings.
- Write procedural documentation and provide training for new product modules, including bank website, online banking, debit cards and telephone banking.
- Create and maintain Home Banking Customer database in MSAccess to provide fast answers for CRM.
- Create and maintain numerous queries and reports from primary bank database tables to support various departments.
- Document continuing quality improvement measures to satisfy all regulatory agencies, while introducing the bank to benchmarking. This pertains to usage logs for various components such as email admin and internet usage filtering.
- Collect data to identify opportunities for enhanced service. Example: Sorting Customers by Zip Code & Product lines.
- Create and tailor corporate email and microcomputer policies to keep our institution focused on customer-driven results.
- Employ numerous new software applications to allow this small bank to outgrow its industry peers, while experiencing 100% footings growth over the past 60 months.
- Replace and automate older systems, leading to stabilization of head count and turn over.
- Provide business systems analysis support for various departments, including training and document preparation.
Additional Work Experience:
1984 – 1991
- Fortune 100 manufacturing finance experience including work at Ford Motor Credit Corporation and Boise Cascade
- Domestic and global accounts receivable workout experience.
- Extensive ISO 9001, TQM / JIT, Kaizen, Ed Demming style team leadership experience.
- Very heavy use of SPC techniques applied to critically time sensitive A/R clean-ups
- Dunn & Bradstreet trained for Credit and Financial Analysis
1992 – 1997
- Independent financial sales consultant and accounts receivable workout specialist
- SEC Series 7, 63, Life and Health licenses acquired in 1994.
- Technical Proficiencies
- Certified Novell Administrator, pursuing Oracle database administrator certification
- Expert MSAccess database skills utilized for preliminary process control benchmarking. Crystal Report usage for formulas.
- LAN Server Operating Systems: Novell 3.12, 4.11, 5.0, 6.0 and NT 4.0, 5.0
- Extensive knowledge and help desk support of MS Office Suite, MS IExplorer, Netscape, Spartacom pooled modems, Symantec Anti-Virus Corporate Edition, Veritas Backup Exec, NetVision Suite of Security Solutions
Peachtree accounting, PC Anywhere, VNC, GoToAssist, WS_FTP Pro , ArcserveIT, InoculateIT, Kane Security Software
USCG Masters License for power, steam, auxiliary sail vessels not to exceed 100 tons, near coastal.
- Member Sparkman & Stephens Assoc. --Trans. Atlantic Ocean Racers, owners and enthusiasts
1983 BA Economics, Bates College, Lewiston, ME
1979 Graduate, Tabor Academy, Marion MA